- Prep Time (Mins)
- Total Time (Mins)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, sliced or crumbled
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 large red, yellow or green bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 11-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 8-ounce ball Dragone® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Dragone® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
Optional Toppings: Pepperoni, salami, banana peppers, black olives, basil and/or oregano
Preheat your oven's broiler to low.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain. Then, keeping the pan over medium heat, add the onions, peppers and Italian seasoning and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Arrange a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Top the chips with layers of Dragone® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Dragone® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, sausage, onions and peppers. Repeat until the ingredients are piled high.
Place the nachos under the preheated broiler until the cheese is melted, about 8–10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the large skillet in which the onions and peppers were cooked, add the marinara and Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese. Heat on medium-high heat until simmering, about 5 minutes.
Finally, garnish the nachos as desired and serve them with the warm ricotta marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.