- Prep Time (Mins)
- Total Time (Mins)
- 8 ounces ziti
- 3 sweet or spicy uncooked turkey Italian sausages, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 cup Dragone® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Dragone® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cup Dragone® Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup store-bough pesto sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped basil for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a large pot, cook the ziti as directed on the package. Rinse with hot water and drain.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the sausage slices, approximately 4 minutes. Remove them from the pan.
In a small bowl, toss the chopped tomatoes, minced garlic and basil until mixed.
In a small saucepan, bring the tomato basil mixture and marinara sauce to a simmer for 3–4 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat.
In a large bowl, toss the cooked ziti, reserved sausage slices and marinara basil mixture until coated evenly.
In a large bowl, combine the Dragone® Ricotta Cheese, half of the Dragone® Shredded Parmesan Cheese and 1 cup of the Dragone® Mozzarella Cheese with the 1/4 cup of pesto sauce and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the cheese mixture to the ziti mixture and toss until coated evenly.
Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the ziti mixture in the dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of the Dragone® Mozzarella Cheese and the remaining Dragone® Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Bake uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes, until the cheeses are melted and bubbling.