- Prep Time (Mins)
- Total Time (Mins)
- 1 hr 20
- 16 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 9-ounce package thawed frozen spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Dragone® Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
In a large pot, cook the lasagna noodles as directed on the package. Rinse with hot water and drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute until transluscent, about 1 minute. Add the beef and sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes; drain. Add 2 cups of the marinara sauce and stir. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
In a small bowl, mix the Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, spinach, oregano, basil, parsley and egg. Spread about 3 tablespoons of the Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle, leaving about 1 inch room at the end. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture over the Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese. Roll up firmly. Spray two 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dishes with cooking spray. Place the roll-ups in the baking dishes, seam-side down.
Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce over the roll-ups in each baking dish. Cover tightly with foil; bake 30–40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle each baking dish with 1 cup of the Dragone® Mozzarella Cheese; bake uncovered 3–5 minutes longer or until the cheese it melted. Top with the Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.